Pages

Thursday, November 8, 2012

30 Days of Thankful - Day 8


Today I am thankful for second chances.
And thirds.
And fourths.
And, well . . . you get the idea.

I don't know for certain, but I'm guessing that everyone has something they're struggling with.  Some problem, or behavior, or relationship that you just can't seem to get right.  Or some issue that you thought you'd seen the last of but here it comes round again??  For me it's my weight.  Not that I don't have others (ha!), but this is the one I'm stressing about focused on right now.  And I've got so much wrapped up in the issue at this point that I won't bore you with the details, but I've got a goal (again), I am taking action (again) and I am moving forward (again)!

Truly this would not be possible without God's grace.  Because when it comes to dreaming thinking about food and exercise (what I want to eat, what I should be eating, what I shouldn't be eating, am I hungry or am I stressed, when to eat, how much to eat) the incessant, internal dialogue has just. worn. me. out.


Recently I have been reading a book with a friend (kind of a two-woman Bible study of sorts) about the power of prayer.  It's Called The Circle Maker by Mark Batterson.  I'm a little more than half-way through the book and it has really given me some 'food' for thought - pun totally intended!   This quote, in particulr, really stood out to me.  I would love to see one of my graphically-gifted, bloggy friends (Kristi?!) make this into a fabulous free printable because I think others would find it motivational as well.  This was my 'ghetto graphics' attempt at something . . . . What can I say.  Everyday graces welcome too!

source
 
 God is so good.  He will always give you another chance.  And He is always ready to help you out with your stuggles.  The challenge for us is to simply leave them at His feet.  Easier said than done, I know, but here I go again!

Don't forget to link up your own personal stories of thankfulness at the 30 Days of Thankful Blog Hop going on now!

No comments:

Post a Comment