Pages

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Witch's Feet Teacher Treats




I came across these cute little feet on Pinterest here and just knew I would be making these for Halloween someday - 'witch' turned out to be sooner rather than later because our teacher appreciation gift rotation at Snack's school started this month and I swiped October for myself!

Of course I did make a few changes from the original.  Mainly because I was scrolling through the idea on my phone at the scrapbook store and couldn't get the link to the tutorial to load {Groan} so I had to get creative on some of the particulars - but they turned out really well I think!

And once you get the hang of it, these go together pretty quickly.  So here's what you'll need:


The boots were made from a piece of 4" x 12" black cardstock, so you can get three boots from a single sheet of scrapbook paper.  I made my own template for these by simply drawing a boot, cutting it out and then flipping it over so that it would be a single boot wrapped around my Oreos.  Afterwards, I discovered that the link that wouldn't load eventually takes you to a printable template, so I didn't include mine here.  But this is a simple shape, so you could certainly do this yourself too!

Once you have all of your boots cut, assembly is pretty simple too!


1.  Start with your cut out boot wrap.
2.  Wrap (don't fold) your boot so that the fronts come together and hold in place.
3.  Punch two holes in your boot where laces might normally go.  Make sure to punch them fairly deeply into the boot so the holes don't tear through when you thread the ribbon.
4.  Thread a 11-12" piece of ribbon through the bottom two holes, going from outside to inside.
5.  Cross ribbon over inside boot and pull out top tow holes to lace up the boot.
6.  Tie a loop in your ribbon on the outside.  Fill loop with tulle or more ribbon if desired (I did of course!)
7.  Once you have laced up your boot, glue the toe of your boot together.  You will now have a hole at the back of the boot to slide in your sleeve of Oreos.


FYI - One package of Halloween Oreos will make three Witch's Feet Teacher Treats - one row per boot, so you can plan accordingly.  I also recommend buying extra cookies so your children flying monkeys have some to eat while you assemble them!

I tied tags (made with the die-cut machine at the scrapbook store) to the tops of the sleeves of Oreos that simply said "You're Spook-tacular!"  These went out to 23 teachers last week (Whew!) and my teacher appreciation committee duty is DONE!

I already had ribbon in my craft stash, so I only needed to buy paper for the boots and tags.  The most expensive part of this craft is definitely the Oreos. They worked out to about $2.50 per boot and the teachers loved them!  What a great way to say Thank You to some great ladies at a truly great school!

Let me know if you have any questions when you try them, and . . .


Sharing this sassy sussie at some or all of these great parties: Under the Table and Dreaming, Totally Overflowing with Creativity, Three Mango Seeds, Classy Cutter, Serenity You, House of Hepworth, Skip to my Lou, LadyBug Blessings, Nap Time Creations, The Style Sisters, Polkadots on Pararde, Rae Gun Ramblings,Costal Charm, Not Just a Housewife, Domestically Speaking, The Shabby Creek Cottage, Sumos Sweet Stuff, The Gunny Sack, Gingersnap Crafts, Southern Lovely, Lil Luna, Someday Crafts, The NY Melrose Family, The DIY Dreamer, The Blackberry Vine, Homeworks, The Rustic Pig, Cornerstone Confessions, Kathe with an E, House on the Way, PJH Desgin, Glued to my Crafts, The Crafty Blog Stalker, Seven Alive, Made in a Day, Live Laugh and Love, A Creative Place, Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson, Home and Gardens, It Happens In a Blink, I Gotta Create, Domestic Super Hero, All Pretty Things, Katie's Nesting Spot, 52 Mantels, Truly Lovely, Twinkle in the Eye, Happy Hour Projects, Six Sisters Stuff, Tutus and Tea Parties, Mop It Up Monday, Saturday Show and Tell, Moonlight and Mason Jars, The Scoop, Wow Us Wednesdays, Take-A-Look Tuesday

3 comments:

  1. What a cute teachers treat! Would love for you to share at Simple & Sweet Fridays.
    New Follower.
    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  2. How adorable! That's a great gift idea, too!
    www.mamagetsitdone.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute idea! Thanks for linking up for Friday Favorites. I'm featuring you this week.

    ReplyDelete