Pages

Monday, August 27, 2012

New (School) Year's Resolutions


Yeah, yeah.  We all make New Year's Resolutions.  Which have most likely fallen by the wayside at this point - Let's be honest.  But since I have become a mom of school-aged kiddos, I find myself focusing much more on School Year's Resolutions instead.  Like the January promises, this end-of-summer swearing (and I'm not talking about the 4-letter word kind) is aimed at making 'our' lives run more smoothly and seem more balanced, though of course this only happens if I can actually stick to them - Rats!!  There's always a catch isn't there?

Well, today is 'our' first day back-to-school and in an effort to keep myself accountable, I am putting my New (School) Year's Resolutions down on paper, virtual paper anyway . . .

1.  I will manage our evenings and mornings in such a way that we make the bus!  And that was my big 2nd grader above, boarding said bus this morning, so we're off to a good start - Yay!!  Where does the time go . . . .

2.  I will use my 4 hours, 3 days-a-week of pre-school for Snacks (my big boy!!) to clean house and to prepare for Girl Scouts and CCE in advance, so that afternoons can be spent focused on my kiddos instead of scrambling to complete lesson plans and prepare activities.  This one should be possible . . .

3.  I will get up, shower and get 'dressed' each morning, regardless of whether or not I have plans outside the house that day!  I will focus more on my appearance in an effort to be 'Cute Mom On-the-Go,' thus enabling me to run up to school for lunch with Sheep on a whim, etc.  Get ready people!

4.  I will make sure that I get in at least three days of boot camp each week, even if it means giving up something else to make it happen!  This can only be good for everyone in my house!

5.  I will not commit myself to any more volunteer activities than what I have already committed to this year so that my (unpaid, Speed reminds me!) commitments do not take time away from my family!

6.  I will have dinner either prepped or planned for my mother-in-law on girl scout nights, so that we're not scrambling to figure out what we're eating at 7 o' clock, making unhealthy choices and abandoning our evening routine once a week!

7.  We will start each school day with prayer.

OK - I'm sure that's more than enough . . .  Do you make new school year's resolutions?  I'd love to hear what they are.  Leave me a comment and let me know!

I hope everyone has a GREAT first day back and a wonderful school year!

Sharing this sassy story at Mop it Up Monday, Overflowing with Creativity

1 comment:

  1. I love it! My second grader went back a few weeks ago and these sound like my thoughts. Reading this has renewed my motivation. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete