Pages

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

'Handy' Thankful Tree

 
I've seen these projects all over Pinterest this year, but my twist on the Thankful Tree was actually part of our holiday decor last year.  It's very simple to do and it's something everyone in the house can get in on too!
 
 
I simply taped together two big pieces of package wrap that I had left over upstairs, temporarily taped in on the door to our pantry and drew the shape of a tree that would fit in the space.  Then I cut out my tree and taped it right back up there!
 
 
My 'handy' twist on this quick craft is that I traced Sheep's handprint onto colored construction paper and cut those out to use for our leaves.  We traced some of Snack's hands too, but his little paws didn't leave much room to write.  We ended up using Sam's feet for another project I will be (re)sharing with you soon!
 
 
I also added a quick 'Give Thanks' banner across the top using the leftover paper, ribbons and markers.  Sometime simple crafts are the best!  And we enjoyed this project for weeks.  The kids really liked showing it off and asking guests to add to the tree.  In fact, it got so popular that we had to trace a few more leaves before it was all said and done!
 
 
I hope you have fun with this project, and enjoy your own Handy Thankful tree this year!

Sharing this sassy idea at Mop it Up Mondays, Meet Me Monday, Debbie Doo's Newbie Party, Take-A-Look Tuesday, Wow Us Wednesdays, Cowgirl Up, Whimsy Wednesdays, Show and Share, Overflowing with Creativity, Creative Me, Made U Look, It's a Hodgepodge Friday

No comments:

Post a Comment