Pages

Friday, March 9, 2012

My Friday Find

With Spring in the air around these parts, garage sale signs have started popping up like wildflowers!  I imagine that I am not unlike many of you, because when I see a yard full of someone else's 'junk,' I just can't resist pulling over to take a look-see!  Maybe it's the voyeur in me, but I just love to see what other people are throwing away.

I'm serious!

You know you do too {grin}.

It was raining this morning so I talked myself out of junking around town as planned.  And so I departed to drop Sheep off at school in my favorite Christmas jj's.  (Don't judge!)  But instead of heading straight home afterward, I remembered that there was actually an advertised garage sale close by and there's some pretty swanky spreads in the neighborhood it was listed in.  Now most people don't seem to bother with advertising these days, so I figured they must have LOTS to unload . . . and all I would be doing is driving by.

You can already tell where this is going, can't you??  So I'm not going to bother you with the details of my adventure 'junkin' in jammies,' but let's just say it was almost worth it - ha!  You'll have to wait to see what I found!

In the mean time, this 'Friday Find' began life a certificate or diploma frame, complete with a blue suede mat (Go Mustangs!).  The price was right and I have been itching to try some distressing techniques I learned about from Leanne over at Because I Think I Can.  So I swiped it up along with some of it's orphaned brothers and sisters (in case my first attempt went haywire) and got to work!


This project also gave me a chance to try my hand at Picasa as a more advanced photo editing option than what I've been using and in just a few minutes, I had a cute little snapshot to add to my frame turned forget-me-not!


I think it turned out Ggggreat!!  And I love the springy colors in this retro fabric find from Joanne's.  Best of all, sticking to the white frame means I can easily change fabrics with the seasons!  It's fits perfectly on the little wall next to the door and will hopefully help me keep this crazy,busy life of ours in some kind of order!



If you noticed the note scrawled on the board, it's a shameless plug for our upcoming crafty playdate in Houston!!  You can get all the details here or just shoot me an e-mail - I'd love to meet you face-to-face!


Happy Friday Y'all!

Sharing my sass at Polkadots on Parade, Ladybird Ln. and Savvy Southern Style

7 comments:

  1. Put my name on the list NOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! What a great idea, I'm pinning! And thanks for linking up at SweetTalkin' Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! I host a linky party that starts on Sunday evenings if you'd like to link up with us too!!

      Delete
  3. How fun!! It came out beautifully! Thank you for sharing at Sharing Saturday! I hope you will share with us again this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great idea! Thanks for linking up to Candace Creations this is featured on tomorrows Scrappy Saturday Linky :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much!! And I LOVE the repurposed theme of your linky parties!! I will be back!

      Cheers!

      Delete