Pages

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Easter Under Glass



With all the other activities going on this month, Easter has really sort of hopped up on me - ha!  But I managed to locate some of my decorations over the weekend and make a couple of new things too!  I wish I could remember where I saw this, so if you remember seeing the nest with eggs in a coverd cake stand, please let me know so i can give credit where credit is due!

As usual, I put my own spin on it, by simply buying a small grapevine wreath and filling it with Spanish moss to use as my nest.  I just love the springy color of this moss so I will be finding more uses for it!


The wooden eggs nestled inside were hand painted by my cousin many years ago and I just love them!  Aren't they exquisite?  She is a true artist!  I have several more, but only three would fit in my tiny taste of Easter, so the others are up on my mantle in baskets - out of Snacks' reach!  It will be nice when he's a little older and things can 'come back down,' but for now Easter will have to stay under glass!



4 comments:

  1. I love a quick cute craft! This is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Danni! With my 40% off coupon to Hobby Lobby, it was an inexpensive one too! It's fun to see how you end up reusing decorations from year to year too!

      Delete
  2. Using the grapevine wreath as a base for the nest was very clever. I wish I had thought of that. I am going to copy that idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I don't know where everyone's been buying the tiny nests, but I thought it worked well as a substitute. Would love for you to follow me with GFC or Bloglovin' - cheers!

      Jen

      Delete