Pages

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Sassy Sunday Blog Hop #10

He is not here, for He has risen.  Just as He said. ~ Matthew 28:6

Happy Easter everyone!  By the way, did you know that the Easter 'Octave' actually lasts eight weeks?!  So, even though we took a week off last week, it's not too late to wish you all a Happy Easter!  Last week, I decided to take the WHOLE week off and celebrate Easter (and a wedding - so fun!) with my family.  Good fellowship (and GREAT music) in church, followed by good food, a GREAT time with family and more Easter egg hunting than I can remember!  We are truly blessed!

Last week's party was full of great Easter and Spring decorating ideas, so I hope everyone took a few minutes to look around and leave a comment or two for your fellow crafty party goers.  I know I love hearing from others and I'm sure you do too!  In honor of the NEW life we have been given in Christ, I wanted to introduce you to three newcomers to our Sassy (Sleepy) Sunday Blog Hop and thank ALL of you for sharing your ideas with us!

First, check out this cute, quick cabinet redo from Bee @ Beez Rental Designs!  Her site is dedicated to crafty decorating solutions for those living in space that's not their own (aka: rental property).  What a great idea!!


Second, look at this table runner from Fifi @ About Blogging Time!  Can you say Fab-u-lous?!?!  I love it!!


And last, but not least, this darling Easter Cloche from Marisa @ Marisa's Pieces Online.  I too am a fan of Ballet Slipper Pink (wink, wink) and this project is super cute!!



At the last party, a SURPRISE giveaway was up for grabs to the crafty gal with the most views who also linked back to one or both the hostesses sites and I am happy to announce that Kate @ A Creative Cookie is our winner with her adorable sock bunnies!!!



And here's what she's won!!


What is it you ask?!  Well, that's a very good question.  It's obviously very old and used to measure things, but what exactly it is . . . . well, I'm not really sure!  It has an adjustable piece with brass inlays to help keep it accurate over time and a tiny metal pin on one end that makes me think of a compass, but I don't think that's what it is.  I have asked a few people, including a carpenter and an architect, if perhaps they had any ideas, but so far I haven't come up with anything definitive yet. 



Would, love, love, love if anyone knows anything to let the rest of know so we can all learn something new about this little piece of history I found in Round Top!  I look forward to sharing all my 'Friday Finds' from Round Top this week, as well as a couple of of projects I am finishing up for the kids' room!  In the mean time, you know the rules . . . .!





6 comments:

  1. Great features! Thanks so much for hosting. Megan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG! Thanks so much for linking up - this has been on my 'to-do' list for at least a month! Can't wait to get started now! Stay tuned for my final results :o)

      Jen

      Delete
  2. And thanks for linking up - I always enjoy seeing what you've been up to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for featuring my Table Runner, you're AWESOME!!
    Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, you're table runner was AWESOME too! It's given me an idea . . . .! Thanks for partyin' with us and we hope you come back soon - Jen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jen, thank you so much for the feature and yes I am grabbing a button! I've been trying to sort through my blog list to find your party and just happened on it today! lol But now I have a page just for my party buttons so I'll be here more regular. : ) Yours is the second blog I've found to party on Sunday, so really look forward to it. Hope you'll stop by and link to Frugal Treasures Tuesday this week! Hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete