Pages

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

My Paint Chip Project


I have been seeing paint chip projects all over blogland recently and decided to try my own for Easter - although I must admit that I was feeling more than a bit guilty swiping all those paint chips knowing full well that I had no intention of painting anything in my house either Green Acres or any shade from Kumquat to Desert Sunrise.  I mean, does anyone in blogland consider the downstream consumer cost of swiping paint chips for their so-called 'free' decorating projects?  Not saying I didn't follow my friends off the proverbial cliff, just sayin' maybe I shouldn't have . . . .

And I must admit that this sassy little carrot bunting is pretty cute!  Even though the rest of my Easter mantle is nothing more than a hot mess!  I bought that darling, yellow PEEP cutout over a month ago and it's been sitting on my mantle since then.  It was supposed to be inspiring me.  Oh well - there's always next year, right?!



This project was 'super cinchy' (as Sheep would say) and went together quickly as well.  And quick is good when it's T-5 days until Peter 'Chocolatail' (as Snacks says) arrives!

Once I made the template for the carrot, Sheep traced and I cut and it only took about 15 minutes working together!  And I have enough cut out for a second bunting as well.  I love, love, love thinking up projects that we can do together!  Memories in the making I pray.

The carrot tops were just fringed paint chip squares that were then rolled and flattened.  I haven't seen anyone piecing paint chips together though (have you???), so I had to use my noodle for this part.  I was initially going to use colored staples just 'cause they're fun, but I didn't have any/forgot to go get some for a few days, so I resorted to what I had on hand and used my trusty sewing machine instead.  You could certainly use staples or glue if that's what you have handy.



I also used some leftover ribbon to string them together, but jute twine would have looked just as cute.  Since the coat rack left all my ribbon has returned to it's sad state of disorder and I couldn't find the jute, so ribbon it is!

This project was quick, easy and 'free' . . . but the irony of Easter decorations from 'stolen' paint chips has not escaped me.  So, how about 10 Hail Marys and a quart of paint and we'll call it even?!?!

Happy Easter Y'all!

Sharing this sassy project with School House Scraps, Savvy Southern Style, Randees Organized Chaos, Cowgirl Up, The Shabby Creek Cottage

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks and thanks for stopping by!

      Happy Easter friend!

      Delete
  2. This is a great idea! I'm trying to think of something else I could do with paint samples.

    ReplyDelete