Pages

Friday, January 6, 2012

On the Twelfth Day of Christmas Cookies

OMG!!!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Y'all!!

I has been a fun-filled, whirlwind holiday for us and I am SOOOO sad to see it go - but I will fill you in on all the fun we had at home and at DISNEYWORLD soon - very soon!!

For now, I am going to complete my 12 Days of Christmas Cookies in an effort to keep my one and only New Year's Resolution, which is to finish what I start!  I am already envisioning the spectacular projects adorning my house and my children and myself (oh my!) with this new resolve!  Not to mention how adoringly THIN I will have become once I finish losing all that 'baby weight' this year!!  This resolution promises to be truly transformative   . . .  but I digress (and that is the problem)!

Anyhoo . . . since I promised 12 days of cookies - here's what I wanted to post for you on Christmas Eve.  Enjoy!

Amy's Sugar Cookies - Take 3!

After the Girl Scout Christmas party, where we decorated with buttercream frosting, and the Playgroup  Cookie Party, where we painted them before baking, I still had a pan or two's worth of cookie dough left to bake. (Did I mention this dough freezes beautifully?!)

Perfect! 

Because my brother, SIL and the kids were coming over, straight off the plane from the slopes, and Superman said he needed cookies for Santa!  Oh dear!!


Once the big kids saw each other though, they were too busy to bake, so the bitties and the mommies took a short cut and simply formed the dough into a log and sliced them!!  A quick glaze and some sprinkles, and all systems were go for SANTA!!


So simple! 
So quick! 
And every bit as tasty if I do say so myself!

I hope your holidays were just as merry as ours!  And I hope you'll stay tuned for more sass in 2012!


Better late than never, right? (Work with me here people!)

No comments:

Post a Comment