Pages

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

On the First Day of Christmas Cookies . . .

These are one of my all-time favorite Christmas cookies!  They are so festive and FUN to eat make!!  I hear they are great with coffee, but since I don't drink coffee . . . you'll just have to see for yourself and let me know!  They are GGGREAT in milk!

Christmas Swirls

1/2 C Crisco
1/2 C butter
1 C sugar
1 egg
3 C flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla
1 T water

Sift dry ingredients together and set aside.  Cream, butter, shortening and sugar.  Add egg, vanilla and water.  Beat until fluffy. Add dry ingredients.  Divide dough into thirds.  Add 6-8 drops of red food coloring to one of the thirds and 6-8 drops of green food coloring to the other third.  Blend food color into dough (I use my hands) until color is uniform.  Roll each portion of dough out onto waxed paper.  Stack your three layers of rolled out dough on top of each other.  Roll together lengthwise in jellyroll fashion and use waxed paper to wrap and chill dough for several hours or overnight.  Cut in 1/8" slices and bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes.  Makes 3-4 dozen.


Don't forget to go and add your own Christmas favorites to the Cookie Exchange Linky Party!

I'm topsy turvy tuesdays

1 comment:

  1. Your cookies turned out really cute! I'd love for you to link your post up at my Friday Favorites party. This week is a special Holly Bloggy Christmas edition!

    ReplyDelete