Pages

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

On the Eighth Day of Christmas Cookies

Our neighborhood progressive dinner party is TONIGHT!!  I am so excited and can't wait to share all the fun with you tomorrow!  Ironically,  I was assigned to do appetizers rather than dessert - ha!  I have decided to make a homemade cheese ball with strawberry preserves, bleu cheese meatballs in red wine cream sauce and prosciutto and pesto pinwheels - all super simple and super fabulous!!  And I will share all of these recipes with you tomorrow as well - stay tuned!!

But - we're supposed to be talking cookies here!

While frantically searching looking for my sister-in-law's bleu cheese meatballs recipe upstairs in my crap craft room, I came across a box of recipes from my aunt's house and found these:

Orange Christmas Balls

1 package Nilla wafers, crushed
1/2 stick of butter , melted
1 C chopped pecans
1 box powdered sugar
6 ounces frozen orange juice concentrate, undiluted

Mix all ingredients together and form into balls.  Roll in additional chopped pecans or coconut flakes.  Refrigerate until serving.


These reminded me so much of the rum ball recipe, I knew I had to try them!  I made them according to the recipe this time, but am already thinking I might try with Cointreau or other orange liqueur next time for a grown-up version of this delicious treat.  The adult version will need a grown-up name as well, so I'm thinking Santa's Balls - HA!!

Don't forget to share your own Christmas favorites at my Christmas Cookie Exchange!

No comments:

Post a Comment