Pages

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

On the Second Day of Christmas Cookies . . .


Last night Sheep performed in her FIRST EVER play - The Christmas Story - as part of her CCE class this year! She was fab-u-lous BTW, but we're here to talk about cookies!!  Anyway, it just so happens that I needed to bring cookies for the reception and Christmas party following the play.   So, in keeping with the theme of The Christmas Story, I decided to pull out my cookie press and whip up some Christmas Trees and Stars of Bethlehem for the event!!



Aren't they CUTE?!?!?
Let me just say that I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE spritz cookies! They were one of my favorite cookies to make growing up - especially once I was old enough to use the spritzer! I have owned more than a couple of cookie presses over the years, but never has there been a cookie press worth a HOOT in my opinion - except for mom's :o(

That was until last Christmas anyway, when I decided that I was tired of borrowing hers (why she wouldn't just give it up already is a story for another day . . .) and found my very own on EBay!!


Can you hear it??
Yes, those are angels singing, "Rejoice!!  Rejoice!!"

If you can find one of THESE . . .


Get it while the gettin's good!  It is simply THE BEST cookie press EVER!!!!!

Anyhoo . . . .

In our family, we've always referred to recipes "so-and-so's" , so I still call these

Johnnie Mae's Cookie Press Cookies

3 C flour
1 C shortening
1 C sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 tsp. flavoring (I always use almond for these)
1/4 tsp. salt (must add salt)
6-8 drops of food coloring

Cream sugar and shortening.  Add remaining ingredients.  Press through cookie press into desired shapes (Christmas trees are the tradition around here) onto ungreased baking sheet.  Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes.  Feeds a 'little town' Makes 7-8 dozen!

With mom's MY magic cookie press, these cookies are EASY, FUN and DELICIOUS!!

Don't forget to add your own Christmas favorites to the Cookie Exchange!

See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment