Pages

Saturday, December 17, 2011

On the Fifth Day of Christmas Cookies

I don't know who i ma going to kill first!!

It happened again!!

An ENTIRE batch of cookies eaten by THAT DAWG!!

I left them cooling on the plate to run Sheep up to a birthday party.  Snacks was home with MIL at the time and Speed was due home any minute.  Friday nights are usually pizza night around here, so I knew we'd be going out - yay!!  Dinner solved!  What I didn't know was that 'the perfect storm' was brewing - Speed has spoken to Sissy earlier and invited her to join us for dinner (She's 23, a college graduate AND unfortunately between jobs . . . but that's a story for another day).  My MIL had coupon for our favorite pizza place that was only good at the location near our house, NOT Sissy's.  In addition to being between jobs, Sissy also happened to be without wheels right now, so Speed decided to go pick her up (unbeknowst to me).  Now Sheep and I were about to be on our way back from the birthday party but in the post-yogurt and birthday cake frenzy, I did not hear that text.  Nor did I know that he would be taking MIL and Snacks with him to pick up Sissy.  All this to say that the cookies were left UNATTENDED.  AGAIN!

Sheep and I arrived home to a dark house (Were we supposed to meet them there?) . . . and an empty plate of Tea Time Tassies!  Even better, the coupon that prompted the exodus was only good M-Th!!

Nothin' but crumbs :o(

AAAAAArrrgh!

Maybe I will start with myself . . . .

Tea Time Tassies

Crust:
3 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/2 C butter, softened
1 C flour
Combine Ingredients and chill for 1 hour (I never have time for this and it works fine BTW).  Roll into long rope and divide into 24 sections.  Flatten into circles and place in min-muffin cups.  Pres into bottom and sides of cups, being careful NOT to push any holes in the crust.  No need to grease tins!

Filling:
1 egg, beaten
2/3 C chopped pecans
3/4 C brown sugar
1 Tablespoon butter, melted
1 tsp. vanilla
dash of salt

Combine all ingredients.  Spoon filling into unbaked crusts.  Bake in 325 degree oven for 25 minutes or until filling sets and crust is a delicate brown.  Leave out for your dog.  Enjoy!

Don't forget to link up your own family's Christmas favorites at The Cookie Exchange!

No comments:

Post a Comment